Location: Goldau, CH
Remarks: Project 2008
A young family acquired a large plot with an old detached house from 1954. The substance of the house was poor, very small rooms with rather low ceilings according to the standards at that time. The old house has been renovated and a spacious new building with garage, living room and the gallery has been added. An intermediate structure, which absorbed the differences in levels, connects the two equally large, yet architecturally different buildings. The old and the new reflect each other, in another time though. The property as a whole emanates contemporary symmetry-like feeling, without withdrawing from the past.